Your skis are jammed in the closet, and you’re more concerned about traffic en route to the beach than you are about getting out to the Rockies. Well, it’s time to change your thinking. Dash off to Colorado this summer, and you can escape the heat and find some exciting ways to recharge away from home. Oh, and you won’t have to pull out your wallet when you get there.
Check out these free ways to have a blast in Vail this summer without dropping a dime:
1. Music: Enjoy the Hot Summer Nights Tuesday Free Concert series
2. More Music: Tuesday isn’t enough? Get greedy and hang out until Thurday for jazz concerts outside the Arrabelle at Vail Square. If you can’t get enough jazz, linger at the Vail Farmer’s Market on Sunday, too.
3. Ride: Stick your kids on a gondola. It won’t cost you a thing, and you can get them out of your hair for a bit.
4. Play: Try your hand at horseshoes or bocce (among others) at Adventure Ridge.5. Hike: Walk the trails of Vail Mountain with a guide.
6. Serve and volley: Are you into tennis? Pick up a match at the Golden Peak Tennis Courts.
7. Learn: Take advantage of free admission to the Colorado Ski Museum.
8. Park: Yeah, it doesn’t sound like much, but anyone who lives in a city, especially, will appreciate this one. Vail Village and Lionshead offer free parking all summer long.
And if this isn’t enough for you, there are some deals to be had. Both the Arrabelle at Vail Square and The Lodge at Vail are kicking in solid discounts, with rates at the former starting at $199 a night and the latter at $149 a night.