Admit it, you’ve always wanted to see your name in lights. Well, you just might get the chance to live out your Broadway dreams, thanks to Staybridge Suites.
Staybridge Suites Times Square, New York City, is hosting a “Big Broadway Break” contest that invites wanna-be stars to express their talent for a chance at getting their name in lights.
Aspiring Broadway stars simply need to submit a video of themselves performing one of two classic Broadway songs, “Give My Regards to Broadway” and “I’m Always Chasing Rainbows” to the Staybridge Suites Times Square Facebook page. The entries will be narrowed down to 10 finalists by public vote, and the winner will be selected by a panel of Broadway industry judges including Seth Rudetsky from Sirius/XM Broadway radio; Adam Feldman, the associate theater and cabaret editor from Time Out New York and award winning Broadway casting director, Stephanie Klapper.
The winner will receive:
- A six-month hotel stay at Staybridge Suites NYC
- A series of personalized Broadway Classroom workshops from Broadway.com
- A session with noted Broadway casting director, Stephanie Klapper
- An interview with Time Out New York theater and cabaret editor Adam Feldman
- An interview on the weekly show, Seth’s Broadway Chatterbox on broadwayworld.com
- $5,000 for living expenses and Staybridge Suites’ signature complimentary services and amenities throughout the length of their stay.
Videos can be entered on Staybridge Suites Times Square’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/staybridgesuitestimessquare) from May 10 – June 18, 2010. From June 19 – 25, a public vote will determine the final 10 contestants. The winner will be announced on July 1.