When I was single, I always hoped that when I went on vacation, I’d meet a sexy woman willing to throw caution to the wind and we’d have a crazy fling. While I wish I could regale you with sexy stories of sexy times, I have to come clean: I never met those kinds of sexy women. It could’ve just been me, of course, but maybe I was going to the wrong places. But what are the right places?
- According to Forbes, the top three cities to meet singles are Boston, Austin, and Washington D.C. (Atlanta squeaks in at number 10.)
- MSNBC agrees that Washington D.C. is a good spot, but suggests visiting Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Miami, Rome, Tokyo … and Juneau.
- New York is a good option, especially if you’re a man.
- Sperling says the top three cities for singles are Austin, Colorado Springs and San Diego. It ranks Atlanta as among the 10 worst places to meet singles.
- Conversely, Love@AOL claims Atlanta is No. 1.
To me, it seems that it shouldn’t be so much about what city you’re in. It should be more about where you’re comfortable, and where you can be yourself. Consequently, I’m going to have to agree with Rate It All, which seems to argue that location isn’t as important as context. That site ranks the top 3 places to meet singles as school, a wedding, and on the bus.
[Photo: Michael Sarver]