Here’s another mega round-up of Halloweeny things to do–some of them mentioned in other posts. But when I saw our beloved Leif Pettersen’s name as the writer for Minneapolis: Zoo Boo at the Como Zoo & Conservatory, I wanted to give this list a shout out. [Check out Leif’s very witty, I can’t say it enough, WITTY Gadling series, My Bloody Romania]
Leif’s zoo mention can be multiplied to take in about any major zoo in the U.S. and reminded me to put our zoo membership to good use. I’ll head to the Columbus Zoo’s Boo at the Zoo, probably this weekend. This photo by Fly on Flickr is from Boo at the Zoo at the Atlanta Zoo in Atlanta, Georgia.
Here are 10 other zoos with boos–some start this weekend. There are lots more since boo rhymes with zoo. What could be more perfect than that?
- Boo at the Zoo, Toronto Zoo, Toronto, Canada
- Boo at the Zoo Denver Zoo, Denver Colorado
- Night of the Living Zoo and Boo at the Zoo. Hogle Zoo, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Haunt at the Zoo, Oklahoma City Zoo, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Boo at the Zoo and Dia de los Muertes, San Franciso Zoo, San Francisco, California
- Boo at the Zoo, Philadelphia Zoo, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Boo at the Zoo, Ft. Worth Zoo, Fort Worth, Texas
- Boo at the Zoo, Cleveland Metro Parks Zoo, Cleveland, Ohio
- Boo at the Zoo, Lincoln Children’s Zoo, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Boo at the Zoo, Little Rock Zoo, Little Rock, Arkansas
Zoos have found pushing holidays are real money makers. The events hook me in–otherwise going to the Columbus Zoo on a regular day is just a matter of looking at the world’s largest snake in captivity –again –and deciding if, for variety, we should make our way around the zoo from left to right this time instead of the other way around.