Alert! Virgin just put Sydney on sale from Los Angeles! Their front page says $1600, but if you get in and tinker with the dates, the price will drop to about 250$ one way. Combined trip: less than $500.
Here’ s how I got my fare.
- Go to Virgin’s homepage first.
- Make sure you’re on the America site, if you aren’t change it.
- Click Departure from Los Angeles and Arrival to Sydney
- Select dates after March 1
- On your search, if you don’t see the fares you like, click back and forth on the “Arrivals” box. Sooner or later a fare will come up around $250.
- Then click back and forth on the departures.
- You may have to mess around with the dates to find something that works.
- Good luck!
Mind you, Virgin had to push back launch a bit from December from the strike that’s currently rocking Boeing. So there is a chance that things could get jiggered a bit.
You also might recall that a few people had problems with the initial sale that Virgin offered last year.
But if you’re willing to take the risk (for <500$) and are confident that you’ll get a refund if things turn south, give it a go.
See you in OZ!