More than 1,800 readers have spoken their minds on TripAdvisor and picked their favorite beaches. This summer, 58 percent of vacationers will be headed for sun, sand and surf – making the spot where ocean meets turf the most popular destination. The only challenge now is picking one. There are thousands of miles of coast in the United States alone … how do you choose one spot?
Well, the best bet is to go to Hawaii or Florida – each of which takes four spots on the TripAdvisor list of top 10 beaches. California and South Carolina round out the list.
The top 10 are after the jump.
1. Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde, Florida
2. Bahia Honda State Park and Beach, Big Pine Key, Florida
3. St. Andrews State Park, Panama City, Florida
4. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Oahu, Hawaii
5. Kailua Beach Park, Oahu, Hawaii
6. La Jolla Cove, La Jolla, California
7. Green Sand Beach, Hawi, Hawaii
8. Tunnels Beach, Kauai, Hawaii
9. Honeymoon Island State Park, Dunedin, Florida
10. Edisto Beach State Park, Edisto Island, South Carolina