Welcome to Gadlinks, your source for the latest comings-and-goings in the travel blogosphere. You’ll find these selections a bit indicative of where my brain is at the moment: on surfing, warm weather, and road trips — which is probably because I’ll be embarking on a surfing road trip of my own today. Happy virtual traveling, everyone!
- Let’s start our tour in Indonesia and the world famous surf break, Padang Padang, where earlier this month the annual Rip Curl Cup Invitational was held. Check out these amazing rides. [via Surfing Magazine]
- My buddy David Miller gives us the surfing skinny on what went down in Florida post-Hurricane Bill. [via Wend]
- Talk about a tropical paradise, these photos of Bora Bora make me foam at the mouth. [via OpenTravel]
- It’s not too late to take a summer road trip! Here are seven great American road trips that are worth your while. [via BootsNAll]
- It looks like some of the finest travel writers like Paul Theroux still get thrills from taking road trips. Here’s Theroux’s travelogue on the journey he took from Los Angeles to Cape Cod. [via Smithsonian]
Want more Gadlinks? Go here.