- a tightly folded fleece blanket and inflatable pillow will provide comfort and warmth;
- snacks (granola bars, 100-calorie packs) are essential since some airport restaurants close at night;
- prescriptions, as well as some cough drops and aspirin, should be in a carry-on because checked bags may not be accessible;
- include a cell phone charger and spare change for pay phones;
- bring something to do such as a crossword, laptop or book.
It’s unlikely that you’ll be stranded in an airport overnight, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.