Top reasons to visit San Diego right now:
- it’s warm and you’re not
- former mayor Bob Filner is under house arrest, so there’s less of a chance you’ll get harassed
- you want to ice skate outside but don’t like the cold
To help check off the last item, Hotel Solamar, a boutique Kimpton hotel in the city’s Gaslamp Quarter, is offering the Fall on Your Ice Skating package:
- two adult ice-skating passes to Sycuan’s Fantasy on Ice at Horton Plaza
- overnight deluxe accommodations
- build your own hot chocolate for two with all the fixins’ in-room service.
The promotion is $139 and runs until Jan. 5, 2014 when the rink closes for the season.
Yes, Horton Plaza also offers lessons.