Rama is a smartphone app that not only guides you through your favorite cities while giving you historical details, it also makes the past come alive through archival photographs that show users exactly what a particular destination or site once looked like. See the rocky swamp that is now Central Park, walk through Chicago right after the Great Fire, experience the wild atmosphere of Mardi Gras during the Depression, or visit the few lonely buildings in San Francisco after the Earth quake hit in 1906.
Some of the available tours include:
- Wildest of the West (Leadville, Colorado)
- New Orleans in 1937 (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Before Times Square (New York)
- Lower East Side Jews (New York)
- Lee’s Retreat (begins in Richmond, Virginia)
- Dublin’s 1906 Rising (Dublin, Ireland)
- Discovering Pompeii (Pompeii, Italy)
- Jack the Ripper (London, United Kingdom)
- Battle of Jerusalem (Jerusalem, Israel)
And, many more. Click here to view a complete list of guided tours. Tours cover Africa, South America, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and North America.
Available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Price ranges from free-$2.99 depending which tour you choose. To download the app from iTunes store, click here.